Thursday 16 October 2014

Looking Up - Two Down

Both are finished. I am feeling great. These are the first pictures I've produced in such a long time. Nothing forced, nothing false, just a genuine moment that then grew (sound familiar?).

I hate sharing work. It's like the most intimate thing I can ever share with anyone. Which probably makes little sense to most folk.
Hate is the wrong word. I'm apprehensive, scared, no; absolutely terrified.
Not because I need approval. I don't care if nobody gets it, in fact I think I would prefer that!
I'm scared because of how much I've shared and where it all came from.

Positive experiences are harder to share because I have more to lose. In the past negativity was the driving force and I had everything to gain by getting it out and sharing it. It was cathartic.

It almost feels wrong to share these. They came from very private moments. Am I  now sharing someone else's private moments with me? Do I have the right to do that just because I made a picture about it?

It's not literal. Does that make it okay though?



No comments:

Post a Comment